Textile, 1st INDUSTRIAL EMPLOYER IN MOROCCO
The Moroccan textile industry has reached resilience and maturity, and contributes to the recognition of « Made in Morocco » worldwide. Textile is one of the flagships of the country and the figures show that very clearly. The textile sector employs more than 198 000 people and has an export turnover of nearly 3.8 billion dollars (36.9 billion dirhams) in 2019.
Africa 28th worldwide (WEF)
AN INDUSTRY STRONGLY SUPPORTED BY MOROCCO
- Fast fashion
- Home textile
- Technical textile
- Mesh fabric
- Industrial distributers of national brands
- Dedicated graduate schools including l’Ecole Supérieure des Industries du Textile et de l’Habillement (ESITH), and l’Ecole Supérieure de Création de Mode
- Vocational training courses at the Vocational Training and Occupational Promotion Bureau, l’Office de la Formation Professionnelle et de la Promotion du Travail (OFPPT), such as Maintenance and Textile Production, Textile Quality Assurance, Cutting and Sewing, Industrialized Clothing, Clothing Industrial Production, Industrial Fashion Design, and many other courses.
- 19 international airports throughout the Kingdom
- 14 ports with cutting-edge infrastructures dedicated to trade and export
- Motorway network of over 1800 kilometers
- 1st High Speed Train in Africa.
Industrial distributers of national brands
Morocco’s Investment and Export Development Agency services